Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sideboards

One of the favourite pieces of furniture I've picked up for my house to date is probably also the cheapest. It's my danish inspired sideboard - picked up for the grand total of $30 from eBay.

House 010

In the scheme of things it isn't my "ultimate" sideboard as it isn't solid wood, but until I can afford the real thing she will get me by.

I personally love some of the offerings from RetroModern:

$850.00 from RetroModern.

$1,200.00 from RetroModern. I think when I get my house finalised I might have to bite the bullet and buy one!

The next question is how on earth to style my sideboard. I think they look really good with a variety of vases and artwork like this picture:

Image from h4and's photostream.

The sidboard, the clock, the chairs - ahhh mid-century loving. Image from apartment therapy via littleenglishgirl's photostream.

I think the sideboard works really well in this room as a tv cabinet. Image from Filipoo1.


Loving the record player! Image from homebug.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh. It is beautiful. I'm not yet at the point of buying carefully sought out furniture - but you are inspiring me to keep an eye on ebay right now :)

    ReplyDelete