Thursday, January 14, 2010

Teak tables

It's no secret that I love mid-century inspired furniture. So I'm sure you can imagine my delight when I managed to pick up this gorgeous round teak extension table from eBay.

I had been to several antique and mid-centry design shops on the hunt for a similar table. However, these shops were just out of my price range. It may take time, but trawling sites like eBay and Gumtree is a fantastic way to find affordable furniture.

I plan to place it in my dining area, under my Ikea knappa pendant light.


This table is absoutely perfect for me and my house! Since my dining area is quite small, I can keep the table in it's unextended position for the majority of the time. Then on the occasions that I have a few extra guests for dinner, it extends easily. It may be kitsch, but it's very practical.


I'm hoping to pair the table with some replica Eames DSR (eiffel) chairs. Isn't this pale green set just divine?


Image from softestthing.

However, in my house I think I will stick with the classic white.

Image from son_ia.

No comments:

Post a Comment