Friday, January 8, 2010

I just like blue...

Well if you hadn't guessed from the colour scheme of my blog, I like blue. In particular any shade of pastel blue, duck egg blue and especially when it comes to homewares.

I've previously mentioned that I'm a 20-something and still living at home with my parents. Since I bought my place I've been planning on moving out and in preparation have started amassing a nice little "glory box". I actually refer to it as the "glory room", as one whole room of my folks' place has turned into storage for me.

I have plates, cutlery (3 sets), vases, chairs, tables, a sideboard... it's quite ridiculous. I decided to look through my collection of plates recently - this is the result:








An even more scary fact is that I probably own 4 to 6 of each plate I've displayed here. I think it may be slightly excessive.

Finally, the pièce de résistance is my (brand new in box) Kitchenaid mixer in ice blue. I think she'll look gorgeous in my kitchen.



PS - for anyone interested the bird plate featured above is still available from Anthropologie. I was lucky enough to pick them up in New York last year. They come in a variety of colours and are to die for gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment