Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fornasetti plates


Piero Fornasetti was an Italian painter, sculptor, interior decorator and engraver. Today he is most well known for his works featuring the image of Italian opera singer Lina Cavalieri. In particular you can find these images portrayed on a series of over 300 beautiful black and white plates.


The strong graphics are gorgeous and the images portrayed range from the beautiful to the bizzare.



I'm not lucky to own one of these myself, but my very stylish Mother has one displayed on her lovely black hallstand (plate #137).


I love the look of a single plate, in a simple display such as this:


Image from brookman*harris.
For anyone based in Perth, Australia, you can find a gorgeous range of Fornasetti items at one of my favourite stores - Post Emporium, North Perth.

No comments:

Post a Comment