Friday, January 15, 2010

Eames DSR chairs

I thought I'd post a quick update on my decision to buy replica Eames DSR chairs to accompany my teak extension table.
There are several online stores based in Australia which stock these chairs incluing Matt Blatt, ClickOn Furniture and Replica Furniture. Each store currently has the chairs priced at $99 each.

My Mum has previously ordered items from both Matt Blatt and ClickOn Furniture and was happy with each experience.

As I am based in Perth the main consideration for me was the postage costs of getting 4 of these babies over to me. Ultimately I ended up ordering through Replica Furniture, as the postage costs were considerably less.

So far I am very happy with the experience. I placed my order and received a confirmation immediately stating that my order would be shipped within 3 business days. Approximately 3 hours later I received a further email confirming that my order has been dispatched!

I guess the proof will be in the pudding... I'll let you know how things go when the chairs arrive.

3 comments:

  1. I'm considering these chairs, but I haven't found the perfect table yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kristen, I guess you have received the chairs by now. Any good news? Kind regards, Birgitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Briditte, yes I received my chairs shortly after making this post. I actually wrote a follow-up on my blog here:

    http://vintagemodernhome.blogspot.com/2010/01/quick-update-my-chairs-arrived.html

    It's obviosuly been a few months now and I'm still very happy with them. They haven't warped / rusted / bent or anything else that may be of concern. Given the price, I don't expect them to last forever - but they definitely reprsent a designer look at a budget price.

    There's a picture of the chairs set up in my house here:

    http://vintagemodernhome.blogspot.com/2010/03/getting-there.html

    If there's anything else you want to know, feel free to ask!

    ReplyDelete